WHAT I DID ON MY SUMMER HOLIDAYS


Useful phrases for essay writing

I. INTRODUCTION  

Holidays are the best time to relax and enjoy, and I eagerly wait for my summer holidays every year.
Summer holidays are the best part of the year.
Summer is my favourite season because school is out and it is the time to relax and be with the family.
One of my favourite family traditions is summer holidays.

II. PLANNING

We had been planning how to spend the holidays this time.
I started thinking of all the possibilities of the places that we could be going.
My parents wished to go to ...
My parents planned to take me to ...
The first thing I wanted to do was to go to the beach.

III. WHAT I DID

In June I stayed at home as my parents had to work.
This summer I did several different exciting things.
We packed our bags.
I did so many different things!
I had so much fun!
I relaxed and it was really  fun spending the holidays with my family.
I also did lots of shopping.
It was nice to be able to spend so much time with my family this summer.
I took lots of photos.

IV. WHERE I WENT

The first thing I got to do was travel to ...
First of all I went to my camp with tons of my friends.
Secondly (Then) I (also) went to ...
The city that made the biggest impression on me was ...
We went to see different places.
I went to really nice places.
We finally arrived at our destination at 10 a. m.
The first thing I saw was ...
We all stayed together in a rented house (flat / apartment) for a week.
We enjoyed our ten-day stay in ... very much.
We really appreciated being there because of all the amazing sights and experiences we had.
It was fun to travel all the way to ...

V. BEACH

Going to the beach is my favourite thing to do in summer.
I went to the beach with my family.
My family and I spent a lot of time at the beach.
The water was refreshing and I got a great tan!
At the sea, the beach was so shiny, and the sun was up in the sky.
I saw dolphins splashing playfully.
The sand was as hot as coals in a barbecue.
The weather was hot and humid.

VI. END OF THE HOLIDAYS

We ended our summer by travelling to ...
We returned on August 18, much refreshed and happy.
The holidays are over and I am back to school.

VII. CONCLUSION: MY IMPRESSIONS AND HOPES

I love being outdoors so this trip was tremendously exciting to me.
My summer holidays were really  fun and I enjoyed every minute of it.
The summer I had was amazing!
Of all the holidays in my life, this was my best summer holidays ever!
It was so nice hanging out with my family and having fun at the same time!
I hope next summer will be as exciting as this one!
I’m really excited for next summer!
I told my parents that we would plan similar holidays for every summer holidays, in the coming years! 





Комментарии